The Ocean Colour CCI (OC_CCI) project focuses on the Ocean Colour ECV encompassing water-leaving radiance in the visible domain, derived chlorophyll and inherent optical properties and uses data archives of from ESA’s MERIS and NASA’s SeaWiFS, MODIS and possibly CZCS sensors archives.
netcdf, binary, ascii
1997–2012 (most reliable period)
- Melin, F., Vantrepotte, V., Chuprin, A., Grant, M., Jackson, T., & Sathyendranath, S. (2017). Assessing the fitness-for- purpose of satellite multi-mission ocean color climate data records: A protocol applied to OC-CCI chlorophyll-a data. Remote Sensing of Environment, 203, 139–151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2017.03.039.
- The products are available in two projections: sinusoidal and geographic.
- Rrs values are provided for the standard SeaWiFS wavelengths (412, 443, 490, 510, 555, 670nm) with pixel-by-pixel uncertainty estimates for each wavelength.
- The OC-CCI product includes inherent optical properties (IOP): the total absorption and particle backscattering coefficients, and, additionally, the fraction of detrital & dissolved organic matter absorption (adg) and phytoplankton absorption (aph).
- For supporting documentation browse the documention and references posted on the Ocean Colour–CCI website.